Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Book: Karen J. Weyant's Wearing Heels in the Rust Belt

I just received Karen Weyant's book, Wearing Heels in the Rust Belt, and I must say my first impression is that it is a lovely book filled with some really great poems.  Certainly worthy of Main Street Rag's 2011 Chapbook Prize and your patronage.  My head is not in the right place to do a review right now, but I will heap a lot of praise on how Karen is able to use the idea of religion throughout the book and bring the reader around to a more contemplative response to accompany the very real visceral reaction one gets when first reading the poems.  There is also something delightful in the personification she uses at various and unexpected moments within the book I find fascinating.  Go out and buy this book.  I think Karen still has some copies left, so go to her blog and order one directly from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment