Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is this what we do?

I only have a few minutes here, but I really want to say I am, for the time being, a little more than pissed off at the business of poetry.  Do I expect everyone to fall all over themselves to try and help me with my efforts as a poet?  No, I truly do not.  However, when I have been trying to support the poets and presses I know by buying their books,  promoting said poets and presses by telling people about my good finds(and certainly helping out by not saying anything if the book turns out to be a dud for me) only to get the cold shoulder most places I turn to, it gets a little frustrating.  I have spoken about this on my old blog, and I know I said I wanted to be more positive on this blog, but I am a little pissed at the lack of kindness in the poetry business world.  I don't expect everyone to buy my book, but I would like a little courtesy and civility, especially from those who know my record for trying to be a voice within this community for positive interaction, and outside of the poetry world trying to get people to take a look at what's going on inside of our little world. 

Some of you out there, and you know who you are, need to readjust your attitudes because we as a group don't have the best track record with the general public and the answer is unity, not self-serving, back-biting selfishness and greed!

No comments:

Post a Comment