Monday, May 27, 2013

Seven Reasons to buy my new book!

Well, the day has come that I let all six or seven of you who read this blog know my book, Hobble Creek Almanac, is officially up for sale over at Amazon.  As such, I would like to invite you all to go take a look, and then buy my book.  I am not really good at the hard sell, but I think I can come up with a few reasons why you should buy my book, as there are always a few good reasons to buy most any book.  At the very least, I would appreciate it very much if you were to spread the word about my book and let other people know what a great thing it would be to buy a book of poems written by a complete stranger.  So, here we go:

1.  The book is on the cutting edge forefront of the 19th Century-Mormon Pioneer-Rural/Pastoral/Agrarian-Landscape-Elegiac Poetry.  'Nuff said, right?  I mean, who wouldn't want to get in on this action?

2.  Buying poetry boosts your serotonin levels.

3.   It's poetry you can show  your grandmother without worrying about so-called naughty words causing any level of consternation or apoplexy.  (We'll leave that for the next book, Sailing This Nameless Ship.)

4.  Let's show those guys at Farrar, Strauss & Giroux a thing or two about where real poetry comes from!

5.  Let this be one of three books of poetry you buy this year not written by Mary Oliver.

6.  Two Words:  "Hipster Irony."

7.  It's cheaper than a trip to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment