Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Forward Momentum

I am starting to get some forward momentum on my book, Hobble Creek Almanac.  I am not talking about monster sales, but I am getting a few sales from people I don't know personally, which means there is something happening.  I have started to send books out into the world, having received payment for them.  It feels good doing that sort of thing.

If any of you want to buy the book from me directly, you can pay me money via PayPal.  I will sign it and mail it off to you as soon as I can.  I've still got a few copies after the fact of sending out review copies and the like, so let me know.

My manuscript, Sailing This Nameless Ship is making some progress.  I am going through it and proofing certain things, waiting on blurbs from some very talented writers/readers.  Once that gets going, I have to select a poem from the manuscript to be made into a broadside.  I have a few ideas and I want some suggestions from my editor.  What is keeping my busy right now is deciding on the dimensions of the book and the overall appearance.  Many of the poems in the book are very short, and I don't want a lot of empty space, so I am leaning towards an odd shaped book.


More later, as things come into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment