Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pieces Coming Together

You've seen part of this poem, but I thought I would post it in its current form, which will be part of the prelude to the book I am working on right now.  After careful consideration I have decided to shift away from the historical narratives of Springville for the main focus of the book.  Instead, those poems will at most punctuate a different, more personal narrative of my town.  There is good news in that.  As some of you know, I have struggled to find an appropriate voice for those narratives.  Without that burden I can concentrate on writing poems I know will be stronger, poems I know will avoid being clones of others I have read and admire.

Now, I am inviting my Facebook friends from Springville to come and read.  Please feel free to offer ny feedback.  This is by no means a 'finished' work.





(Removed for submissions)

No comments:

Post a Comment