Friday, January 13, 2012

Mmmmmmm, that's good.

Last night, we ate a variety of German sausages, thanks to the wonderful thoughtfulness of my wife, Becky.  For those of you who have ever lived in other countries, there is something wonderful about having the opportunity to once again eat the authentic food you learned to love.  For me, it is German food.  Now don't get me wrong, I like some of the American attempts, say Johnsonville Brats, but there is just something about the texture and flavor of various authentic German meats which Americans just cannot  get right.  It's a universal truth.  When I lived in Germany, Germans were nuts over Wonderbread, Levis, and Saltwater Taffy.  Don't ask me why, that's just the way it is.

Now for years I have been able to get Toblerone chocolate bars.  After all, I had first learned about them when I was still in high school, so they are a semi-regular thing in America.  But sausages are not.  Various cheeses are starting to make their way into our everyday culinary vocabulary, but not German meats.  That's why last night was so wonderful.  Becky bought the small assortment of various sausages, German mustard, and real kraut, and it was all just so amazing.

Thank you, Becky, wonderful wife of mine, for buying me delicious food which takes me back to my days living in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment