Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stress, in all its splendor

That's right.  I am feeling the crunch of the last days of school.  I've got finals to give, finals to grade, and I have been getting about five times the normal number of phone calls I normally get.  (Just so you know, people at this school know not to call me for the hell of it because in addition to throwing me off my rhythm, it just really pisses me off to have my time wasted.)  I am about to go nuts with all of this stress.

The only thing I can say I have accomplished, is all of my personal books are locked up in my cabinets.  For those of you who don't know how this works, I have way too many books to clutter up my house, so years ago it was decided I would keep all of my poetry, history, and craft books at school, where I am much more likely to actually have a free moment or two to read on occasion.  When I am working on a particular set of poems, I will choose two or three books to make the journey home each night, and then they get returned when I am finished.  Every summer, I pick out a few books to take home with me and the rest get locked away until the new school year.  If I am desperate, I can come down to the school to get into my cabinet.  But mostly, if I want new poetry to read, not having many poetry books around, motivates me to buy new poetry from friends and new discoveries.

On top of all that, my son is graduating, and I am giving the Faculty Commencement Address.  I am still putting the finishing touches on that, which is bothering me.  I should have knocked it out of the park weeks ago, but I am still working on the finer points.

In fact, I am so busy right now, I don't have time to work on this post.  I have to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment