Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What I wanted to talk about was . . .

To let you know, I have been taking an active role in minimizing the anger I normally express on my blog.  On several occasions in the past couple of weeks I have held myself back from ranting and raving.  I don't know.  Call it the new me.  I opened this blog with the promise of becoming more gentle, more positive in my posts.  It's just taken a few months for me to finally catch up to that goal.  If you have been along for the ride (and I know there are two or three of you who stop by and read my blog from time to time, you may have noticed some small changes.

Well, today was going to be another one of my rants.  That is until I caught myself.  I had actually carved out time for me to sit at my computer and compose a few well thought out paragraphs and send it out into the world.  I will also tell you I was hoping my rant would reach its intended target.  I was pissed off.  Unfortunately, I was pissed off because of what I was doing, not because of what other people were doing.  Once I realized that, and a few other key ideas, I was able to make the very clear, reasoned decision to simply "let it go."  In its place, you get a little bragging.

Without getting into too much detail I will tell you this:  Once I decided to not write the rant, everything started to unravel.  I simply walked away from a situation that, if I had taken the time to write and publish, would have actually made me even more angry than I originally was.  I would have begun to work myself up into a frenzy and quite possibly created anger on several new levels.  This doesn't mean I won't ever rat again, nor does it mean I have entirely left the Dark Side.  It just means I was able to recognize this particular episode was decidedly not a healthy situation for me to develop.

There ends the lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment