Thursday, November 17, 2011

Take This of My Kaleidoscope

Today I am anything but elegant.  I rose late, my alarm entering my dream playing second trombone and bathroom lights blinding me as I started my shower.  Where are my socks?  I need to take a vacation in Tuscany, where I can study archaeology as a tourist and return to my classroom rested up for the title fight my agent secured four months ago.  He's a real friend, though he takes a much bigger cut than I am comfortable with.  But I can't fire him.  We were childhood friends and he knows too many secrets about my grandmother.  Not about the drinking.  Hell, everyone knows about that.  Tonight, when I go to sleep I will probably dream too much then, too.  I need more music in my life, but don't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment